AREA SALES MANAGER
DOE £28-35k basic + bonus + pension + car + tablet + phone + laptop
Field based covering - North London / Middlesex area (Based on patch is essential)
The market leader in PLUMBING SUPPLIES they have been around for over 60 years supplying a high quality, and well regarded range of products. With a large sales team they offer an excellent career opportunity.
Working in a dynamic and challenging environment within a first class UK organisation, your role will be to:
Maintain & develop relationships with existing independent trade customers & chain accounts
Maximise turnover and profitability with existing accounts to achieve overall company targets
Calling upon merchants/trade and contractors on the territory
Obtain leads and identify new opportunities for business growth
Explore alternative sales / distribution channels to further grow the trade business
Either working on a trade counter in a plumbers merchant or similar, you have met many field sales managers and know that this is where you would like to take your career! Alternatively, you could be an experienced Area Sales Manager looking to join a market leader.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Call upon independent and national commercial plumbing/building merchants within territory. (i.e merchandising/order taking/relationship building/back selling demand creation)
• Call upon local and regional contractors and developers within territory. (i.e create demand for our product for the commercial sector).
• Aspire to a commercial & demand split of 50/50
• Knowledgeable about the plumbing trade.
• Admin, produce a detailed and informative daily/monthly report on internal CRM system.
• To be well presented and conduct oneself in a professional manner.
• A sound employment history with a proven history of new business achievements.
• Applicants need to be articulate/numerate and have an ability to achieve management objectives.
• Lateral thinking is essential. (solving of problems by an indirect and creative approach)
• The appointment will require flexibility in achieving the objectives and will require some out of hours involvement, (i.e entertaining/hotel stays/exhibition attendance).
• Enthusiastic, self motivated, driven, with a keen eye of developing new opportunities.
• UK driving license.
DOE £28-35k basic (possibly more for greater experience) + bonus +car (mondeo or similar) +tablet +laptop +mobile +pension