To be part of a small team responsible for the design of all tooling (Fixtures, Gauges etc.)
Will be actively involved in all aspects of the creation of new tooling, modifications, continuous improvements, cost reductions and delivery across the site.
- Produce 3D CAD models, assemblies and detailed drawings using Inventor.
- Project Manage NPI and Cl tooling budgets and estimates for tool manufacture.
- Create CAM programmes using relevant CAM system.
- Continuous Improvement and practical problem solving techniques utilising a PDCA approach through skills such as Pareto, Cause & Effect, 5-why, gauge R&R, SPC and control charts in order to enhance and achieve relevant KPl's.
- Carry out trials and analysis of new design and tool manufacture processes and procedures. Produp repotts including cost benefit analysis and recommendÃ¤tions one how the latest technology and processes can be utilised for the benefit of the business.
- Liaise with Commercial, subcontractors, Engineering & Quality Engineers, Production teams, to agree workloads / priorities.
- Support Process Technicians in tool proving required and update drawings.
- Experienced in use of relevant applications and use software in order to fulfil requirements of the role e.g. CAD preferably Inventor, PDM system, FEA, CAM, SPC and other programs.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written including report writing to internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated proven expert in a number of design and tool manufacture.
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands whilst meeting operational deadline requirements.
- Minimum HNC level qualification or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline.
- High level of numeracy & literacy.
- High level computer skills.
Salary Dependent on Experience + excellent benefits