This is a new role required to deliver the design/pricing, implementation and support of our ICT Solutions within the ICT Delivery team. Though the role will require specialization within its own technical field, a good, general understanding of all ICT products and solutions will be required.
- To support Sales, Managed Service and ‘as a service’ opportunities by providing Design and Pricing support, technical qualification and technical supporting documentation to assist with solution proposals, tender responses and sales quotes.
- Occasionally, there will be a requirement to attend sales/customer meetings when it may be necessary to present a technical design or solution.
- To complete presales/technical documents (Project Initiation Document, Statement of Works, and Proof of Concept etc).
- To manage and where necessary, provide project implementation through to handover to Service/Support, including handover documentation.
- To provide Technical Support within internal teams and an escalation route to external suppliers/providers
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Provide Pricing and Design to support Sales and Managed Service/’As a Service’ opportunities
- Attend customer meetings to support sales and Managed Service/’As a Service’ opportunities from a technical design perspective
- To review, verify and complete Presales Requests, accounting for time/cost as appropriate
- Review technical product accreditations and obtaining all necessary accreditations to support the Client's Product strategy and status
- To review and research new products and solutions for the Clients portfolio consideration, providing supporting white papers and justification where appropriate
- Produce technical pre and post Sales documentation to support our proposed solutions (PiD, SoW, PoC etc)
- To manage and complete Project Implementations to highest quality standard within agreed timeframes for handover to Service/Support.
- To provide 2nd/3rd line internal technical support and an escalation path to external suppliers/providers within specialized area.
- To provide weekly Presales/Pipeline/Projects report to Head of ICT Delivery
- To train/coach colleagues where necessary
- To undertake any reasonable managerial request in relation to the ICT Delivery team.
Impact of Role: Expected Results
- Qualified and accurate Proposals and Orders resulting from earlier, more specialized technical involvement with presales requests/opportunities
- Increase in quantity and value of Managed Service contracts as consultation and integration within delivery team opens more opportunities
- Increase in Professional Service revenues as influence and control of technical skills impacts solution and order signed.
- More integration across different skill sets/disciplines allowing for more opportunities to sell Managed Services.
- MCSE or equivalent, VCP or equivalent, Recognised UC Professional Qualification.