Role: Project Manager
Salary: £36000 to £40000
My client is a market leading solution and service provider operating throughout the UK with key organisations.
A new opportunity is now available for a Project Manager to join a successful Project Management team
The Project Manager will have responsibilities to include:
- Responsible for the management and execution of projects that may be technically or organisationally complex and carry a low to medium degree of risk, from initiation into service delivering projects to the required time, cost and quality tolerances.
- Ensure projects are delivered in line with IT Services best practice methodology (managing risk, governance quality gateways, issue resolution and reporting)
- Able to concurrently manage multiple projects.
- May manage sections of large programmes and will input into the project planning process as a member of a large programme team under the direction of a Programme Manager. Supervises the work of Project Coordinators and other project staff and may work with external consultants to ensure deliverables are met.
- Defined management responsibilities for project team, at a delivery and activity level (not Line Management) involving resource, budget and planning/timeline Has primary responsibility for meeting defined business goals as scoped by project objectives and quality of deliverables
- Responsible for resource, budget and planning or timelines. Has primary responsibility for meeting defined business goals as scoped by project objectives within defined financial targets.
- Provides pre-sales support for new project opportunities ensuring proposals include a statement of work and relevant caveats and assumptions.
- Supports the Project & Programme Management Team operationally and with development activities aligned to the business strategy. Provide active feedback / ownership / development of existing and new processes as they are identified by the senior management team.
Key accountabilities for the Project Manager will include:
- Oversee the delivery of customer projects ensuring the required specification, quality standards, on time and cost tolerance are met
- Deliver and aim to improve levels of profitability against contracted solutions and associated P&L
- To take full responsibility for the management of the wider project team assigned to the project and serve as primary contact including internal technical resource, 3rd party suppliers, account team members and client stakeholders
- Ensure strict commercial change control to manage deviations
- Initiate, plan and deliver all projects in line with IT Services best practice methodology (managing risk, governance, quality assurance, issue resolution, reporting)
- Apply relationship management skills and to be able to build and own client and stakeholder relationships at mid/senior level
- Management of Third party suppliers in terms of deliverables, timelines and budgets.
- Directs and manages all elements of project and should direct activities of aligned Project Co-ordinators.
- Ability to project manage in a technical environment across the IT Services portfolio of products and services including but not limited to the below:
- EUC (Microsoft)
- Unified Communications
- Private and Hosted Cloud/Data Centre Services
- Adhere to relevant escalation processes to escalate resource issues, delayed project phases, missed deadlines and other planning issues
- Ensure commercial project milestones are agreed and published Manage the expenditure within the project, ensuring all costs are recorded against products and services delivered
- Monitor the project ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner and the appropriate corrective actions are implemented
- Review the outputs of the project to determine any lessons learned or corrective actions that could be taken to improve future programme/project delivery in terms of cost, quality and customer satisfaction
- Provide input and support to Project Team and Senior Management in support of strategic initiatives including identifying and implement efficiencies and improvements in project delivery methodology
- Obtain permission before incurring costs for which you expect the Company to reimburse you
- Ensure that all Company matters are kept confidential
The Project Manager will offer skills/experience to include:
- Degree level or equivalent desirable
- ITIL Qualification desirable
- Project Management qualification essential, preferably Prince2
- Experience of Enterprise Datacentre/Cloud and EUC(Microsoft)
- Must have developed communication and diplomacy skills with a strong ability to persuade and influence client and stakeholder relationships with proven good customer management skills, ability to build medium term relationships.
- Recognized project professional with ability to bring experience to their team.
- Demonstrable experience and capability to manage projects autonomously
- Experience in managing deliverables via 3rd party vendors in a high profile and/or technically innovative enterprise solution
- Demonstrable experience in the delivery of projects within a low to medium risk, complex technical environment
- Experienced in scoping new work and building budgets.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications and stakeholder management experience
- Must possess the willingness to learn new, and keep up to date with existing methodologies to broaden their technical competence.
- Demonstrable record of resolving issues that threatened to delay or seriously disrupt the project goals (resource, budget or stakeholder in nature).
- Will have had considerable experience of leading projects
- Ability to have the robust/difficult conversations with customer, third party suppliers and stakeholders