This is an exciting opportunity to join a global telecommunications organsition within its Managed IT Service sector. Due to growth my client is looking for a Projects Team Manager to join the team.
This will be a blend of homeworking and also at the head office which is just outside of Chesterfield.
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE
The role has responsibility for building and maintaining a highly skilled and focused team of Project Co-ordinators, Programme and Project Managers. To manage the activities, performance and behaviours for a team of project and programme professionals managing a range of projects. Responsible for project assurance on work of own team against KPI's and contributes to the Sector Solutions business planning regarding projects and professional services.
Responsible for managing and creating a high performing team in liaison with the Head of Solutions. Supports the Head of Solutions operationally and with development activities aligned to the business strategy.
- Oversee the delivery of project and programme management on customer projects ensuring the required specification and quality standards are met.
- Manage escalations related to team's project deliverables to resolution, prioritising accordingly.
- Setting and management of, project standards issues for team.
- Customer management skills - ability to build medium term relationships.
- Mentor and guide project and programme professionals
- Contribute to strategy for project management facility.
- Ensure the team provides timely and accurate reporting, track and achieve on team productivity and utilisation KPI's
- Ensure a robust and effective change management process is implemented and consistently maintained
- Primary contact for project team members requiring support from the business.
- Proactively identify improvements to the way we deliver our customer projects
- Provide input and support to the Head of Solutions in support of strategic initiatives.
- Ensure team is utilised efficiently.
- Responsible for managing a high performing team in liaison with the Head of/manager, in line with business policies and frameworks and supporting CARE initiatives. Helping drive constant improvement and development ensuring that performance is managed effectively and within guidelines