Role: Training Course Designer
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: c £53000 + bonus + excellent benefits
MY client is delivering $multibillion secure telecommunications project across Saudi Arabia. A major part of the project is to design and deliver technical communications training to local personnel in country.
There is a new opportunity for a Training Course Designer, reporting to the Training Design and Development Manager, to design, develop and maintain courseware for Technical Communications and English
Language courses in a compliant format for the workforce in Saudi Arabia that meets both internal and external requirements in accordance with the Defence Systems Approach to Training Quality Standard (DSAT QS) and BS EN ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems
My overseas client will only consider British Nationals with a valid UK passport.
The Training Course Designer will have the following responsibilities:
Design & Development
- Maintain current or develop future Program of Instructions (POI) that conform to client requirements
- Maintain current or develop future Course Training Plans (CTP) containing ISpecs, ASpecs and Schedules
- Maintain electronic file structures in accordance with the total quality management policy.
- Provide an audit trail for the design and development of all course documentation in accordance with the total quality management policy
- Ensure the design and format of all course materials are in accordance with the total quality management policy
- Produce and maintain task scalars of current or future Military Occupation Specialities (MOS) courses
- Produce and maintain task scalars of current or future Communications Foundation courses
- Produce and maintain task scalars of current or future English Language Training (ELT) courses
- Carry out work task analysis as part of scheduled courseware maintenance
- To produce new documentation for current and future Communications and ELT training
- Assist with course documentation as required by TDDM
The Training Course Designer will offer the following skills/experience:
- NVQ Level 4 or above in Training Design and Development or Teaching/Instructional related qualification
- Minimum of five years working within a training department or similar environment
- A sound understanding of a Systems Approach to Training and relevant associated documentation
- Experience of utilising Subject Matter Experts and Stakeholder input to potential training solutions
- Experience of using different taxonomies in curriculum development
- Preparing and delivering concise management reports on results of analysis in English
- Planning and project management skills
- Design and preparation of spreadsheet solutions
- Skilled in the use of MS Office software Word, Excel, Access and Project including experience of mind mapping software
- Customer focus and good business sense
- Be fluent in Speaking, Reading, Writing and Listening in the English Language
- Hold a valid driving license from country of origin
- Trained to UK Armed Forces standards.
- A sound knowledge of all Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) processes, including course design, course development and course delivery and DSAT Quality Standards (DSAT QS).
- Ideally some experience with military overseas students.