Role: Project Manager – SUV (Special Urgent VIP projects.)
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: circa £55k
Please note: This role is based in Saudi Arabia and is Open to UK Nationals/passport holders only
My overseas client is delivering a $multibillion telecommunications infrastructure project across Saudi Arabia.
There is a new position for a Project Manager to join the “Special Urgent VIP” projects team.
The Project Manager will be responsible for all stages of the project lifecycle from initiation through to implementation, customer acceptance and technical transfer into operational use.
The Project Manager will have responsibilities to include:
· To deliver projects in line with customer’s key user requirements. The project manager will:
· Have a full understanding of the customer requirements with the aim of meeting or exceeding major milestones.
· Manage the customer expectations by reflecting them in clear plans and reporting them accurately and capturing any variations.
· Develop an excellent working relationship with the customer and supplier base.
· Anticipate and be proactive in controlling project activities and finances.
· Demonstrate a professional approach to project planning and performance management.
· Ensure risks are identified, defined, reported and that a mitigation plan is in place.
· Demonstrate sound leadership and communicate effectively.
· Apply effective lifecycle management.
· Conduct regular reviews with the customer community on the progress of the projects
· Provide, implement and keep current, the Project Management Plans, and follow Governance and Methodology processes and procedures
The Project Manager will also be involved in:
A Project Officer will support the PM in the management and control of the project.
Additionally, through matrix management, the following personnel will provide support:
· Integrated Logistical Support (ILS) Manager - Support and ISRM issues.
· System Design Authority – overall system design and professional engineering function.
· Installation Design Authority – all aspects of installation design and implementation.
· Engineering Design Team - design, testing, acceptance and documentation production.
· Quality Assurance - Site Inspection, Acceptance and Technical Transfer services.
· Finance – all aspects of project financial accounting.
· Commercial – all commercial aspects associated with the project.
· Operational, Maintenance and Training – support on all in-service needs
The Project Manager will offer skills and experience to include:
· Relevant first Degree, or appropriate experience
· Practical knowledge of communications networks
· Recent experience in a Project Management role
· Proven track record of delivery in similar role/s
· Experience of delivering in the specific field of technology/business
· Sound leadership skills
· Ability to lead a multi-disciplined project team
· Effective and persuasive communicator
· Good personal impact and able to perform well as a senior representative of the company
· A relevant professional qualification
· Knowledge of fixed networks and associated infrastructure
· Experience of work within a commercial and military environment.
· Experience of operating in a business relationship based on partnering