My client is delivering a $ Multibillion telecommunications programme of works in Saudi Arabia and require a Head of Engineering reporting directly to the Managing Director.
The Head of Engineering will be expected to come into contact with UK and SA MOD, suppliers, The clients management and other corporate visitors.
Travel between UK and Saudi Arabia will be expected. The successful candidate will be expected to act as customer friend and single point of contact for engineering.
- Fully accountable for effective management of engineering function and for governance in line with clients processes and customer expectation.
- As Design Authority ensure systems meet standards and customer requirements.
- Responsible for leading engineering best practice and maintaining capability.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the delivery of the Engineering output required to support the customer. As such, the Engineering Manager will:
- Ensure that engineering design and practice is conducted and wholly resourced appropriately to clients standards;
- Provide a SDA function, managing design reviews etc. in line with Customer needs
- Be responsible for the appropriate management of the Engineering function with regard to commercial contractual obligations
- Be the prime contact for technical matters relating to clients work·
- Provide hands-on engineering management of key bids and programmes to supplement the existing engineering management teams.
- Fully accountable for managing the Engineering team and output within budget and for completing appropriate commercial processes required to facilitate/support financial revenue.
- Fully accountable for maintaining records of Engineering effort/time in accordance with standard practice.
- Responsible for delivering Engineering operations to current best practice within budget constraints. Responsible to provide Through Life Management
RECRUITMENT SPECIFICATION (Knowledge & Experience):
- UK Bachelors Degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- Over 10 years proven experience in a similar role, senior level design authority and team lead experience on complex large value systems.
- Practitioner level experience in systems engineering, ISO 15288
- Chartered Engineer
- Business experience in the Defence Sector
- Experience in delivery of communications services
- Knowledge ITIL processes
- Experience of living or working in the Middle East