Role: Knowledge Manager
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: circa £62k + bonus + excellent benefits
My client is delivering $multibillion telecommunications project in Saudi Arabia.
There is new position available, Knowledge Manager, to join the Operations team.
** Please note this position is based in Saudi Arabia**
** Open to British Nationals with a current UK Passport**
Knowledge Management is defined as “The process responsible for sharing perspectives, ideas, experience and information, and for ensuring that these are available in the right place and at the right time”. The knowledge management process enables informed decisions, and improves efficiency by reducing the need to rediscover knowledge.
The Knowledge Manager will be involved in the areas of activity to include:
- Responsible for establishing the Service Operations Policy, Process and Procedures for the ITIL Best Practice Knowledge Management process in conjunction with other Service Operations Process Owners.
- Evaluate requirements to create new knowledge bases and implement as per standards liaising with Network Management Systems and Process teams;
- Evaluate requirements and design for new Service Knowledge Managements System (SKMS);
- Implement and manage new Service Knowledge Managements System (SKMS);
- Support in designing knowledge workflows, set knowledge properties, and manage knowledge forms and homepages
The Knowledge Manager will have duties and responsibilities to include:
- Accountable for the promotion and communication of the Service Operations Knowledge Management policy, processes and procedures;
- Accountable for ensuring that the Knowledge Management process is fit for purpose, efficient and effective and aligned with Service Operations business requirements and strategy;
- Accountable for ensuring the Knowledge Management process meets governance, compliance;
- Accountable for the resolution of issues relating to the Knowledge Management process, its interfaces with other ITIL disciplines and other business functions;
- Review and approve new artifacts in ITSM Library;
- Responsible for resolving any issues escalated up to the Knowledge Management Process Owner;
- Responsible for reviewing the Knowledge Management process;
- Perform Knowledge Management process maturity assessments and reviews;
- Accountable for identifying and managing Knowledge Management process continual improvement opportunities
The Knowledge Manager will offer the following skills/experience
- Specialized knowledge of defining, documenting, implementing and managing Service Knowledge Managements Systems (SKMS).
- Excellent process documentation skills.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and process documentation skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Telecommunications Industry working in Knowledge Management associated with Information Communications Technology.
- ITIL V3 Expert.
- Valid Driving license
- Knowledge of Remedy Service Desk and Atrium Software; (desirable)
- Knowledge of Cisco Prime Network Management System; (desirable)
- ISO 20000 Knowledge (desirable)