Role: Release and Deployment Manager
Location: Saudi Arabia
Salary: circa £61000 + car + bonus + excellent benefits
** Please note this position is based only in Saudi Arabia**
** My overseas client will only accept applications from suitably qualified candidates who have current valid UK National or Saudi Arabian passports**
** Transferable Iqama’s are not acceptable**
My client is delivering a $multibillion telecommunications project in Saudi Arabia. Moving into a new phase, there is an immediate requirement for a Release and Deployment Manager to join the Change Management group.
The Release and Deployment Manager will have objectives to include:
- Responsible for the Release and Deployment Management process;
- Design the release models and workflows;
- Liaise with departments to ensure there is an integrated approach to the design and implementation of Change Management, Service Asset and Configuration Management, Release and Deployment Management and Service Validation and Testing.
- Prepare and organise all resources required to build, test and deploy releases;
- Prepare and organise all support for Release and Deployment Management tools and processes;
- Ensure the authorisation of changes is granted prior to any activity being completed that requires it;
- Coordinating key interfaces between Release and Deployment Management and other processes, in particular, Change Management, SACM and Service Validation and Testing
Duties of the Release and Deployment Manager are:
- Lead the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk.
- Liaises with business and partners on release scheduling and communication of progress.
- Conduct post release reviews. Ensuring release processes and procedures are applied.
- Assesses and analyses release components.
- Provide input to scheduling.
- Carry out the builds and tests in coordination with testers and component specialists maintaining and administering the tools and methods – manual or automatic - and ensuring, where possible, information exchange with configuration management.
- Ensure release processes and procedures are maintained.
- Administer the recording of activities, logging of results and document technical activity undertaken.
- Carry out early life support activities such as providing support advice to initial users.
The successful Release and Deployment Manager will offer the following skills and experience:
- Excellent understanding of product release methodologies (including familiarity with ITIL's Release and Deployment Management process)
- Strong system integration experience
- Strong experience planning the development and delivery of complex systems.
- Good understanding of system architecture and infrastructure components.
- ITIL V3 foundation or Intermediate certified experience.
- Valid Driving licence
- Experience in delivery of communications services.
- understanding of project management principles preferred
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office