My client is delivering a $multibillion Telecommunications Network across Saudi Arabia and there is an opportunity for a Technical Instructor (Cabling) to join the team.
The Technical Instructor will deliver and support technical training to company Technicians in the field of Cable (Copper and Fibre) Installation and Maintenance within a classroom environment and across the regions
The Technical Instructor (Cabling) has duties and responsibilities to include:
· Deliver theory and practical Cable (Copper and Fibre) training to technicians.
· Deliver basic Principles of Electronics and Telecommunication Fundamentals training to technicians.
· A comprehensive knowledge of telecommunications systems with an emphasis on IP Data networking, VoIP.
· Deliver regional training within your role as required by the Technical Training Manger
· Produce Training material to support training in the form of, but not limited to; handouts, presentation, homework, weekly quizzes.
· Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Training Design and Development Department in the development of training pamphlets and new training material in your primary technical subject.
· Provide written reports on a weekly basis for all students, to include; weekly test results, discipline issues, performance and remedial measures.
· Assist in the installation, repair and maintenance of technical equipment related to the primary subject.
· Liaise with other departments as directed by the Technical Training Manager.
· Develop and maintain a good relationship with the stakeholder staff.
· Any other duties within your role as directed by the Technical Training Manager
The Technical Instructor (Cabling) will have the following skills and experience:
· Technical Diploma, HND (NVQ Level 5), Vocational Qualifications Level 5 in Fibre optic & Cabling.
· A recognised training delivery qualification
· Must provide recent evidence of delivering training courses in Telecommunications or related field.
· Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Copper and Fibre Installation, fault-finding, maintenance and repair.
· Experience of working in the Middle East is desirable, as is experience of working within a military environment.
· Must possess an excellent knowledge of instructional methodology and have the skills to exploit new methods and media to encourage learning.
· Must be computer literate and show evidence of using multimedia to provide learning solutions.
· Must provide evidence of class management and reporting.
· Must demonstrate ability to motivate students to learn the subject matter.
· Must be an active team member committed to delivering first class learning solutions to the customer.
· Must be fluent in English.
· Must hold a valid driving licence