My client is delivering a $multibillion Telecommunications project in Saudi Arabia.
There is a new position available for a Service Asset and Configuration Manager (SACM) to join the programme.
The Service Asset and Configuration Manager (SACM) will have functions to include:
· Responsible for ensuring hardware and software assets and their configurations are known, recorded and accessible;
· Responsible for maintaining the relationships between the configuration items that make up the services, systems and applications used by the business;
· Define, develop and maintain an ICT configuration management system (CMS) to securely store Configuration Item (CI) data and to provide accurate information for risk assessment and incident resolution;
· Develop and promote the value of Asset & Configuration management policies, processes and procedures within the organisation to ensure compliance and reduce risk;
· Implement effective processes and controls for maintaining the configuration management system, thereby maintaining the integrity and security of the configuration management system;
· Undertake regular audits of the configuration management system and configuration item data and develop and implement processes to remediate non-compliance and ensure the database reflects the production environment.
Duties and responsibilities for The Service Asset and Configuration Manager (SACM) include:
· Responsible for Managing CIs and related information.
· Investigates and implements tools, techniques and processes for managing CIs and verifies that related information is complete, current and accurate.
· Administers configuration items CIs and related information.
· Applies tools, techniques and processes for administering CIs and related information, ensuring protection of assets and components from unauthorized change, diversion and inappropriate use.
· Manages and maintains the service compliance of all IT and service assets in line with business and regulatory requirements involving knowledge of financial and technical processes, tools and techniques thereby ensuring asset controllers, infrastructure teams and the business co-ordinate and maximize value, maintain control and ensure any necessary legal compliance
Skills and experience required for this position include:
· Specialized knowledge of defining, documenting and implementing Asset Management and Configuration Management processes for both hardware and software CIs.
· Candidate must possess excellent process documentation skills.
· Must have hands-on Configuration Management and CMDB experience.
· Strong verbal, written and process documentation skills.
· Be fully conversant with the ACMP 1-7 (Allied Configuration Management Publications) covering CM.
· ITIL V3 foundation or Intermediate Certified Experience.
· Valid Driving license
· Familiarity with one or more CMDB solutions. (BMC, etc.)
· Experience in delivery of communications services