As part of the delivery of a $multibillion Telecommunications project in Saudi Arabia, our client is introducing a Training Transformation programme to enhance technical training through the provision of training infrastructure and Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL).
For the extensive training to be converted to TEL, our client requires new and existing courses to be fully analysed and designed in line with Defence Systems Approach to Training Quality Standard (DSAT QS).
Current course design and development is conducted by sub-contractor staff but the programme requires a Capability Delivery Manager (CDM) to be manage and deliver the programme to meet the precise needs of the end client.
The Capability Delivery Manager is the primary interface for all Training Transformation TEL analysis and design activities, and is responsible for the delivery of all programme CTS design outputs and value for money solutions against an exacting programme at minimal risk to the Company.
The Primary Objectives
To manage the analysis and design for each Capability Training Subjects (CTS) through the defined gate process such that the outputs of the each CTS are delivered in accordance DSAT, the tight programme schedule and are delivered to the required standards;
- To interface directly with the client and end client in order to define the requirements in terms of roles and performance which can then be communicated to the sub-contractor for them to conduct CTS analysis and design;
- To provide DSAT and Telecoms Systems guidance to the analysis and design sub-contractor consultants in order to ensure the CTS analysis and design activities are developed in accordance with the requirements of the programme and the needs customer and MOD;
- Once outputs from the CTS analysis and design are approved and transitioned to the courseware sub-contractor for e-learning development, the CDM (Design) is to monitor the e-learning development to ensure the e-learning development is in-line with the original CTS design, with specific focus on the ‘teachability’ of the future course from a blended learning perspective.
- Responsible for ensuring the acceptance of each CTS course element, from a design perspective, at the associated acceptance and sign-off meetings.
Primary requirements and responsibilities:
- Experience/Knowledge. Vital to the success of the position is a detailed knowledge of the DSAT process coupled with extensive experience and background in the deployment and operation of, preferably military, fixed and deployable communication networks and systems.
- Planning. Creating and maintaining accurate plans, reporting on progress and status, and securing appropriate resources required to meet target and other milestones. Effective use of MS Project, MS Excel and Powerpoint underpins this activity and therefore the incumbent must be a master of each application.
- Gate Management. Ensure the correct implementation and maintenance of the DSAT outputs, covering all aspects of the programme. Responsible for management of all sub-contractor deliverables through strict adherence to the established gate process.
- Resource Management. Closely work with the assigned sub-contractor to ensure that appropriate resources are assigned to task and deliver as per schedule. Ensure efficient use of Company and sub-contractor resources to deliver continuous and high levels of Customer satisfaction.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and experience in the deployment of Defence Systems Approach to Training Quality Standard (DSAT QS) during analysis and design.
- Minimum of 5 years experience within delivering projects to the MoD ideally within a training environment.
- Experience and understanding of delivering and using Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) as part of a blended learning approach to training, including use of Learning Management Systems (LMS);
- Knowledge and Experience of the following fixed and deployable telecommunications systems, preferably based within a military environment:
- Troposcatter Systems.
- Fixed and deployable Satellite;
- PABX systems;
- HF Communication Systems;
- Digital Microwave Radio Systems including SDH;
- Secure Mobile Radio Systems / TETRA;
- IP networks;
- Proven track record of delivering successful and complex IT projects.
- High standard of written and spoken English.
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng) or equivalent;
- Training Design and Assessment Course
- PMI or PRINCE 2.